Promotion of products, services, or brands through one or more forms of electronic media is called Digital Marketing.
Online markets are continuously growing and Digital Marketing has become a crucial part of the growth for any business all over the world. It is constantly changing. Marketing platforms come and go, features change, new metrics are introduced and good performance is not a promise. It is crucial to get the basics right. You cannot expect a good performance even with online marketing if you don’t have these basic things on track –
- A good product or service that is competitively priced.
- A strong & user-friendly website built with target customers in mind.
- Outstanding customer service and more…
How does Digital Marketing help?
With the help of Digital Marketing, you can –
- Reach relevant customers on search engines and social media.
- Track your source of traffic (customers) through web analytics tools.
- Run PPC & social media campaigns at lower ads costs.
- Run business in off-hours by setting up an online store.
- Take reviews & feedback from your customers.
Key Points in Digital Marketing History –
- 1st clickable ad went live in the year 1993.
- The first social media site Geocities was launched in the year 1994.
- Cookie technology appeared for the first time in the year 1994.
- Yahoo! launched in the year 1995.
- SEO officially began in the year 1997.
- Google launched its ads platform Adwords in the year 2000.
- The universal studio launched the first mobile marketing campaign in the year 2001.
- Google launched Google Analytics & YouTube in the year 2005.
- Google started using search history for ads in the year 2010.
- Shoppable Instagram was introduced in the year 2017.
For every traditional marketing channel, there are multiple digital equivalents. What works for one business, will not work for other business.